Emails Going Mobile
Back in the good old days (10 years ago), we could be assured that nearly every email or newsletter sent would be received, opened and read on a desktop or laptop computer. Well, those days are coming to an end. Today, email messages are more likely to be opened and read on a Smartphone than on a desktop or laptop computer.
I recently read a U.S.study that found 65% of all emails are read on a mobile device. Forty nine percent on Smartphones and 16% on Tablets. I haven’t seen any numbers for Canada yet, but I’m sure the numbers would probably be similar.
Smartphones, Tablets and other mobile devices are exploding in popularity. The changes in marketing that are a result of Smartphone usage are enormous. Many marketing experts say it’s revolutionary. I don’t think that’s over-stating the issue. The internet is rapidly becoming a mobile environment.
Worldwide mobile web usage grew from 14% to 25% between May 2013-May 2014. Five years ago it was only 1% percent.
So how do we make it easy for people to view our promotional emails on their Smartphone? I’m not quite sure yet, so I’m doing some research to find out the most affordable and effective solutions.
In change there are always opportunities. As more people access their email on the go, there is a higher probability that you will reach them; which means email open rates could go up.
The wide use of mobile devices will help us get our marketing message instantly and literally into the hands of our clients and prospects. Did you know that over 90% of all text messages are read with in 5 minutes? Mobile coupons are redeemed at a rate ten times higher than paper coupons.
In a survey, 70% of the participants say they would like to receive valuable offers on their phones. The emphasis is on VALUABLE.
To better engage with your customers, clients or patients you have to start thinking mobile. People interact with their text messages 6-8 times more than they do with their emails.
In the next few weeks I’m gong to be testing out some mobile email templates and the best way to deliver them. I’ll keep you up to date on what I find.
Feel free to contact me if you have any inquiries on how mobile marketing is affecting your business.
Source: The data in this article was collected from a variety of sources including, MarketingLand, VB News, Google’s Mobile Marketing Playbook, Mobile Marketing Magazine.
Google Released It’s “Pigeon” Local Search Algorithm Update. This will affect where you show up in the Local Search. There will be winners and losers. “DUI lawyer” and Realtor/realty/real estate, these are some of the keywords that have been negatively affected so far.
These frequent changes are the reasons I’m not Bullish on SEO as I used to be.
Audio Training Course..Listen Now!!
Do you think email marketing is dead?
Many so-called experts have announced that email marketing is dead, well just take a look at this info graphic to see the hard data that shows the death of e-mail marketing has been exaggerated.
But if you must when is the best time to do it, to make sure you get a hold of decision makers Read more here… Cold-Call-Timing
7 Success Factors That Will Help Make You a Sales Superstar
by Brian Tracy
There are 7 secrets, or success factors, of sales success. These success factors are practiced by all the highest paid salespeople every day. The regular application of these principles is virtually guaranteed to move you to the top of your field and enable you to reach your career goals, and develop a positive attitude.
The 7 Success Factors to Sales Success
1. Get serious! Make a decision to go all the way to the top of your field. Make a decision today to join the top 10%. There is no one and nothing that can hold you back from being the best and achieving your career goals except yourself.
2. Identify your limiting skill to sales success. Identify your weakest single skill and make a plan to become absolutely excellent in that area. Ask yourself, and your boss, “What one skill, if I developed and did it consistently in an excellent fashion, would have the greatest positive impact on my sales?” Whatever your answer to this question, write it down, set a deadline, make a plan, and then work on it every day. This decision alone can change your life and is one of the most important success factors.
3. Get around the right people. Get around successful people with a positive attitude. Associate with men and women who are going somewhere with their lives. Get away from negative, critical, complaining people. They drag you down, tire you out, distract and discourage you, and lead you inevitably to underachievement and failure.
4. Take excellent care of your physical health. You need high levels of energy to sell effectively, and to bounce back from continual rejection and discouragement. Be sure to eat the right foods, get the right amount of exercise and get plenty of rest and recreation.
5. Visualize yourself as one of the top people in your field. Imagine yourself performing at your best all day long. Imagine achieving your career goals. Feed your subconscious mind with vivid, exciting, emotionalized pictures of yourself as positive, confident, competent and completely in control of every part of your life. These clear mental pictures preprogram you and motivate you to sell at your best in any situation.
6. Practice a positive attitude and positive self-talk continually. Control your inner dialogue. Talk to yourself the way you want to be talked to.
7. Take positive action toward your career goals, every single day. Be proactive rather than reactive. Grab the bull by the horns. If you are not happy with your income, get out there and get face to face with more customers. If you are not happy with any part of your life, accept responsibility and take charge.
A Final Note
All successful salespeople are intensely action oriented. They have a sense of urgency. They develop a bias for action. They do it now! They have a compulsion to closure. They maintain a fast tempo and move quickly in everything they do.
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations. Check out his comprehensive sales training program “Sales Success Made Simple” here.